- Named after the Mayan word for strength," the tiny chia seed is a substantial source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- A good source of magnesium, calcium and iron, our Organic Chia Seeds also provide 11% DV fiber and 2g protein per serving.
- Chia Seeds are abundant in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3's are are revered for their anti-inflammatory properties and essential for optimal functioning.
- Make chia pudding (the tiny seeds expand when soaked) or add to salads, oatmeal, dips, smoothies, and baked goods.
- USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, 19 Servings.
Although I eat a ton of fruits/veg, I have to admit I was looking for a "quickie" fiber boost, and I wanted to avoid psyllium because of the phytic acid properties that block absorption of certain medications and supplements (I take many of the latter).Sprouting reduces phytic acid, and is recommended by many in the nutrition communities for "safely" preparing oatmeal, barley, etc.So I got the sprouted Navitas brand chia powder shown here, but at Whole Foods. I have to say...this stuff is terrific. I put 3 TBs (1 serving) in about 1/4 cup of warm filtered water, and stirred it, and watched as it kind of puffed up...tasted it...and you know what? It kind of tasted like oatmeal or barley. I intended to add this slurry into my green smoothie, but I liked the way it tasted so much, I just ate it with a spoon.My recommendation is to add a little warm water to the powder, and stir it up before mixing it into whatever you are eating--or just eat it straight as I did.I'm going to buy this brand in bulk at --and I'll make sure it is the sprouted powder and not the seeds.By the way, I read on a review posted about the Navitas chia SEEDS that they make a kind of "tapioca" by adding coconut or almond milk and stevia to the chia seeds...so I tried doing that with the powder...it created a kind of soft, puffy pudding texture, and it was definitely in the "treat" category.
A FRIEND BOUGHT THIS INTO WORK AND I WAS INTERESTED SO SHE LET ME TRY IT. I ENJOYED IT AND DECIDED TO BUY SOME. I WILL USE THIS IN MY DAILY SMOOTHIE. THANKS SO MUCH
Actually got for my hermit crabs. They love eating the seeds and sprouts when planted in their habitat.
A Must Have!
Absolutely worth the subscribe and save price! Chia seeds are so full of benefits, even more omega-3 then flax seeds, everyone should have it daily.